Disclaimer

Disclaimer: Hi friends! I started this blog to share my experiments, ideas, opinions and rocking chair theories about speech language and hearing disorders and their diagnosis and interventions! Most of the comments and postings on this blog are solely my opinions and may not be generalized to the field, unless otherwise quoted the authors and researchers! Feel free to post your comments. Happy reading!Thank you !


Warning: this is an advanced level of presentation. Basic knowledge about the topics posted required to understand them!



Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Visual processing and Auditory Processing

I know this is not my field of practice. You might be wondering what kind of eligibility I have to write about processing! OK, I am not a licensed Psychologist, however, all SLPs from India, especially from AYJNIHH (I am not familiar with SLP programs in USA) know how extensively we studied and did the psychological evaluations during our bachelors and masters! We studied from basic psychology to psychoneurolinguistics, and from developmental psychology to psychotic disorders. Most of the SLPs including me doesn't know until recently that the tests we use in medical settings are part of Nueropsychology and linguistics test battery! However, I am not going to discuss in detail. The main purpose of this article is to rationalize and explain the development of auditory processing and visual processing, and to explain why are these skills in different levels in variety of disorders! 

Development of Processing:

Before discussing about the development of processing, we need to understand what is the 'processing' means! It is the ability to identify, interpret,attach meaning, and retrieve when required. The stimuli or out put may be auditory, visual, tactile and or kinesthetic mode. The most important modalities are auditory and visual processing!  

A. Auditory processing: to be contnd.....


No comments:

Post a Comment